The Future of Machinery Management: How Trackpac Can Transform the Safety and Monitoring of Your Assets
With rising rates of theft, bottlenecked operations and inefficient asset management, it is no surprise that businesses with high capital exposure in machinery assets are looking for innovative solutions to ensure safety and provide effective monitoring systems to overcome ongoing internal concerns.
One solution to this is asset tracking, however traditional machinery monitoring and tracking systems have proven costly with obsolete or old technology, raising the barrier of entry for smaller businesses, while failing to provide effective management services and important, utilisable data.
What is LoRaWAN?
LoRaWAN is a type of wireless communication technology that is used for transmitting data over long distances. It is a Low-power, long-Range Wide Area Network that operates in the radio spectrum, making it well-suited for use in Internet of Things (IoT) applications such as asset trackers at a fraction of the cost of alternative networks.
Why is LoRaWAN better for tracking my assets than Wifi and Bluetooth?
LoRaWAN has several advantages over technologies like WiFi and Bluetooth. One of the key benefits of LoRaWAN is its low power consumption, which makes it well-suited for IOT applications like trackers as they can operate for extended periods of time (up to 10 years) without access to a power source.
Its long-range capabilities also enable LoRaWAN devices to communicate over tens of kilometers, enabling real time tracking in remote and hard to reach locations. Additionally, LoRaWAN is a secure and reliable technology, with built-in encryption that ensures data is transmitted accurately and without any interference.
What is the Helium network?
The Helium Network is the world’s largest and fastest growing contiguous open source LoRaWAN network in history. With nearly 1,000,000 hotspots, users can cheaply and quickly use LoRaWAN sensors with no need to setup personal gateways. Helium moves LoRaWAN from something only used on site with fixed access to one allowing truly global access.
Oyster-3 — Trackpac
The Oyster-3 from Trackpack is an industrial grade tracker perfect for long term asset tracking of assets such as heavy duty machinery, cars, vans, lorries, trailers and lots more.
Features and benefits include:
- A rugged, industrial grade all weather IP68 rated case with a lightweight, compact size that is easily hideable and undetectable by thieves.
- Up to 10 years of battery life from three AA batteries, 20 times the duration of certain traditional industrial asset trackers running on alternative networks.
- Easy setup — Scan the QR code onto Trackpac’s app or Web Portal where you can manage trackers all in one place, setup geofencing, receive notification alerts and access movement data from all of your trackers.
- A simple DIY installation onto you assets in whichever location you see fit.
- Low cost with the Oyster at £70 and access to the features on the Trackpac App, Web Portal and API at £35/year.
Browan Tab — Trackpac
The Browan Tab object locator from trackpac is the perfect companion to your smaller equipment such as power tools and toolboxes.
Features and benefits include:
- Portability: A small size (50mm x 12mm x 50mm), means it can be hidden easily in bags, toolboxes and anything else you can attach it to.
- Strong Battery Life: Leave the tab in your toolbox for weeks without recharging. Battery alerts notify you when your battery is running low, prompting you to recharge via USB-C.
- 30 second updates: The tab checks in every 30 seconds when moving, and every 4 hours when idle to save battery.
- Location alerts: Set up a geofence and receive notifications straight to your phone when your toolbox enters or exits an area.
- IP64 Waterproof: Waterproof up to direct water jets from any direction with a cover to protect the USB-C port.
- Simple Setup: Scan the QR code on your tracker to add it to you account.
How does asset tracking benefit my businesses?
Whether you run a Machinery rental, Construction, farming or any other business with valuable physical assets, the integration of asset tracking using Trackpac can significantly improve the efficiency and control you have over your company. It can also protect you from significant losses that could be potentially detrimental to your firm. It does this in the following ways:
- Real-time Asset Tracking: Track your machinery, vehicle and equipments location and usage data, helping to prevent theft, loss, and any unauthorized usage, ensuring your assets are always safe and kept in the best condition possible.
- Digitalise and monitor assets: Trackpac’s App and Web portal allow you to digitalise and receive information on all of your assets in one easy to use dashboard. Simple set up geofencing, alerts you through push notifications whenever your tracker leaves or enters a designated area.
- Data-driven Decisions: TrackPac’s advanced analytics help you identify trends and patterns in asset usage, allowing you to make informed internal decisions such as inventory management and control.
- Enhanced Efficiency: By automating manual processes and improving visibility with geofencing technology, you can better allocate resources and personnel, resulting in lower operational costs and more streamlined operations.
- Improved Customer Service: With accurate information at your fingertips, you can provide customers with the most up-to-date information and ensure assets are in the right place at the right time leading to smoother customer management and a higher level of customer satisfaction.
Example of Trackpac being used for asset management and protection in London, UK:
Bailey & Jones — A building contractor utilizing Trackpac to protect and monitor assets
It is clear that the future of machinery management lies in IoT technology and the use of networks like LoRaWAN. By leveraging the power of Trackpac, businesses and industries can transform the way they manage their assets, improving safety, efficiency and productivity. Whether you’re looking to streamline your entire business or simply protect your valuable assets, Trackpac is here to help you through the process and achieve your goals.
Trackpac — Always there for you.